Poems...
The Weaver
My life is but a weaving between my Lord and me,
I cannot choose the colors He works so steadily.
Oft time He weaves in sorrow, and I, in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper, and I the underside.
The dark threads are as needed in the Weaver's skillfull hand
As the threads of gold and silver in the pattern He has planned.
Not till the loom is silent and the shuttles case to fly
Will God unroll the canvas and explain the reason why.
~ Author unknown
My life is but a weaving between my Lord and me,
I cannot choose the colors He works so steadily.
Oft time He weaves in sorrow, and I, in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper, and I the underside.
The dark threads are as needed in the Weaver's skillfull hand
As the threads of gold and silver in the pattern He has planned.
Not till the loom is silent and the shuttles case to fly
Will God unroll the canvas and explain the reason why.
~ Author unknown
4.12.2008
B-Day Party at the Fire House
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
What in the world??? Emily! So great to hear from you, girl! You're making me late for our BBQ.. we're having Bill's squadron here for dinner, in an hour. Gotta run - I saw your comment and was like, NO WAY!!! : ) Love you and so glad you have a blog. Welcome to the blogging world. : )
how fun for a little boy! Great to see your blog - welcome!
I look forward to seeing what you guys are up to.
Emily! How cool to see you on here. How have you been! Looks like you have an exciting life out there! I look forward to seeing more!
Jill
I just noticed you have a Truth Project link on your blog. My parents just hosted their last meeting this week. It is such an incredible idea - we watched part of the first "lesson" last summer just to get a feel for it. I think it's really going to make a difference in our apathetic Christian society. Light a fire under some buns!
I second all the 'Welcomes'!!! I saw your comment on Maria's and was happy to 'discover' your blog. Your family looks great!!!! Good to see you again. So fun. :)
Emily!!! I missed your b-day. I hope it was great!!! Looking for more posts... more posts... maybe you are wandering the hills after a lost elk... or maybe you off and went to New Zealand already?
Post a Comment